Learn How to Teach Reading to All Children
LearnUp Centers Reading Workshops
What will you learn?This 5-day intensive workshop covers all the basics of reading–from the theory of reading and comprehension and the role of the brain’s neuro-diversity in reading acquisition to the nuts and bolts of teaching reading. Including:
- Apply reading theory into the practice of reading acquisition
- Teach reading to all types of emerging readers, including struggling readers, with or without a diagnosis of dyslexia and kids living with ADD/ADHD
- Teach the 44 reading sounds (including prefixes, roots and suffixes)
- Adapt the program for one-on-one tutoring, small groups, and for the larger classroom
- Assess and place students into the 5 Starts (or entry levels) of the program
- Adapt the program to English Language Learners
- Teach students how to comprehend, interpret and present information from their reading
Why LearnUp?The average LearnUp student learns to read in three months.
Who should attend?Anyone interested in literacy, dyslexia or reading issues, including teachers, literacy & learning specialists, parents, paraprofessionals, and tutors.
Facilitator: This is a rare opportunity to learn directly from Steve Tattum, founder of the LearnUp reading program. Steve has taught over 2,500 teachers to successfully use our reading program in one-on-one, small group and classroom situations.
Content: This 30-hour intensive will give you all the theory, skills, curriculum, hands-on practice, and materials you need you need to teach the highly effective LearnUp reading program. Perfect for classroom-based educators who want to become more effective at teaching reading.
This is an introductory course, but we do not have levels of certification or prerequisites. During the workshop you will learn the WHOLE program. We do offer advanced professional development.
Cost: $1,500 (including all instruction, manuals, and materials.)