LearnUp Centers Reading Program Workshops
Learn How to Teach Reading to All Children
June 5th – 9th San Francisco
July 10th – 14th Marin
What will you learn?
This 5-day intensive workshop covers all the basics of reading–from the theory of reading and comprehension and the role of the brain’s neuro-diversity in reading acquisition to the nuts and bolts of teaching reading. Including:
- Apply reading theory into the practice of reading acquisition
- Teach reading to all types of emerging readers, including struggling readers, with or without a diagnosis of dyslexia and kids living with ADD/ADHD
- Teach the 44 reading sounds (including prefixes, roots and suffixes)
- Adapt the program for one-on-one tutoring, small groups, and for the larger classroom
- Assess and place students into the 5 Starts (or entry levels) of the program
- Adapt the program to English Language Learners
- Teach students how to comprehend, interpret and present information from their reading
On average, LearnUp students Increased their word fluency by more than 50%, gaining over 44 words per minute in fluency and jumping 2.0 grade levels in reading—all in under 60 hours of tutoring.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in literacy, dyslexia or reading issues, including teachers, literacy & learning specialists, parents, paraprofessionals, and tutors.
Facilitator: This is a rare opportunity to learn directly from Steve Tattum, founder of the LearnUp reading program. Steve has taught over 2,500 teachers to successfully use our reading program in one-on-one, small group and classroom situations.
Content: This one-week intensive will give you all the theory, skills, curriculum, hands-on practice, and materials you need you need to teach the highly effective LearnUp reading program. See reverse for more details.
Dates & Location:
- June 5th – 9th, San Francisco
- July 10th – 14th, Marin
9:00 am to 3:30 pm daily.
Cost: $1,500 (including all instruction, manuals, and materials.)
What is the LearnUp Reading Program?
This evidence-based reading program integrates the best practices of the leading reading and reading intervention programs on the market (based on Orton-Gillingham based with concepts from Linda Mood-Bell, Slingerland, Reading Recovery, Alphabetic Phonics, and Whole Language, etc.) and combines them with the latest brain research and National Reading Panel recommendations to create a superior, systematic program that accelerates reading acquisition. Our program is multi-sensory and universally accessible and works with all types of learners.